Sunday 4 November 2012

Hmm what news?

Sitting on my bed listening to Muse, crispily sunburnt (that stage where you know that you are, but it doesnt show yet...) Still fuming from long and frustrating conversation with Orange (which cost about $10) and yielded no results. Grr.

Excited about the Melbourne Cup tomorrow - will be a big day here, starting off with some lovely chilled white in the Botanic Gardens. Yum. Cant wait.

Have been extending my tourist wanderings, visited the Chinese Garden of Friendship (on my own - sob sob, poor me....! Struggling to adjust to life without my Ella by my side) which turned out to be an amateur photographers wet dream. Much in the style of the monastery in Arequipa. Thank god for digital cameras.













Met a couple who had just got engaged and had decided to dress up in traditional costume to use as publicity shots for their engagement announcement. As two of the most caucasian looking people I have ever met, it was an interesting choice... but then people seem to turn quite mad when it comes to weddings!



Then met a water dragon whom I named Trevor. We bonded over our mutual love of sunbaking. Although he looks rather more regal doing it than me...



 He then took rather too much of a liking to my feet so I ran away.

 
Checked out Darling Harbour etc just to be thorough, studiously avoiding the KPMG logo across the water from me... Blimey its amazing how any place by the water can look stunning beautiful when combined with sun. Not that its not gorgeous. But its no London! Erm, yeah...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment