Saturday 10 November 2012

Another saturday, another set of bruises

Headed out to Surry Hills to meet up with friends. Made the rookie mistake of walking from Central. Turns out there is a reason they are called Surry Hills... By the time I reached the Beresford was panting and embarassingly sweaty. Was almost glad of the long entry queue, the curse of the terminally late. I say almost - as the quarter hours rolled by I began to feel rather different.

Rescued from the horror of queuing by Harri, who brought sustinence in the form of vodka dc. Graduated towards the stage (standard) as the dancing became more um expressive. one of the guys generously volunteered to lift all the girls up there, cue screams from yours truly who realised too late was wearing a v short dress. Classy bird me. Hours later discovered there were actually stairs... Grrr

Just getting in to the old school nineties groove (the djs here seem to play the setlists we had at our school discos aged about 12) when the inevitable happened. Yes. I got impaled by another blonde six foot stiletto wearing female. My feet are going to be scarred wrecks at this rate.

Moved on to Spice Cellar which the guys promised was open till 10 in the morning, the thought of which filled me with geriatric dread. Turned out to be dance/house music at its worst. A room full of drunken people bending their knees slightly out of time and making insane hand gestures at the ceiling. So I put on my best white woman dancing face (the one that looks like a constipated duck) and joined them. Turns out you can get into it quite easily. But I wont be abandoning my 80s/cheese preferance anytime soon.

Woke up on a friends sofa in Bondi with tv on full blast, broadcasting a political analysis of the US election. I personally feel that this counts as my education/brain expansion for the week. Even if it was mostly subliminally ingested.

Walked to the bus behind a man who had clearly suffered from a drunken late night visit to a tattoo parlour. Beneath the telltale clingfilm and masking tape wrap, a little dolphin was clearly visible on his neck. He looked a little embarassed...

Hard to complain when you wake up to a view like this though...


No comments:

Post a Comment