Friday 11 January 2013

Post work drinks... without the work

As my Christmas present to my flatmates, we went to see La Soiree at the Opera House. To anyone who hasnt been fortunate enough to see this show, I urge you to find a way. From Mario, Queen of the Circus, to Captain Frodo, who could get his entire body through a tennis racket (via several dislocations and an awkward moment with the nipple bars!) to the frankly dreamy 'English Gentlemen' and 'Bathboy' it was a great night out.

Today, I once again found myself needing to buy a present for a flatmate, so set out for Paddy's market, home to all that is cheap and tacky and fabulous. I especially liked these.


Stopped off at Darling Harbour to check out one of the Sydney festival exhibits. No need for explanation with this one. Definitely my kind of thing.


Met up for drinks with Vicky. After a quick French Martini at the Argyle (gorgeous, stylish bathrooms - so stylish in fact that it took me about 10 minutes to work out how to turn the tap on), we headed to Palmers & Co, a beautiful prohibition style cellar bar, complete with taxidermy and collections of Irishmen.


From there, we turned to Stitch. Wonderfully lowkey, it entrance is only identified by a large singer sewing machine. The bar is also made up of singers. Drinks are served in a variety of vessels, including jars, test tubes and old Chambord bottles. We sat in a room with chalked blackboard walls, Moet lamps, and champagne trays decorating the ceiling. It was fab.

 
 On the way home, I suddenly noticed that the tree opposite our house, which I previously thought had really interestingly dark bark patterns, actually had been 'artistically altered'. Love this country.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment