Saturday 22 December 2012

Christmas cheer

It has taken me quite a while, but I have finally stopped staring at people who talk to me in the street like they are some kind of psychopath. Yesterdays bus friend was a 60+ man who wished me and my family joy and prosperity over the Christmas period. Nawwwww. This was a very sweet sentiment. The hug which followed was rather less appreciated.

Our little flat family went on an excursion to see the Christmas lights. I was duly impressed. London residents just dont make the same effort...

With convenient Mr Whippy van parked outside...
 
 
The decorations in the city range from the stylish to the insanely tacky. The Santa suits stretched over the street lights hold one end of the range. This rather lovely umbrella set up was more welcome. The creepy blow up roof thing of Rudolph pulling off Santa's trousers is my fave so far.
 
 
 
They also do some great musical interludes to a busy day. From the salvos to the military:
 
 
and the warbling hobo to the innovative alcoholic...
 
 
After a hard days Xmas shopping on the Friday - all I wanted to do was nap. I wasnt alone in this.
 
 
But instead it was off to a 21st birthday/end of the world party. Dressed as a zombie. The glassy nature of my eyes are entirely due to playing goon pong. Like beer pong, but using very cheap white wine...
 
 
and the being called on the next morning to help with the making of the Christmas cake. Funnily enough, I wasnt in a particularly helpful state...
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment